Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Uterus is shedding its lining and hormones are preparing another egg for release.
- You’re not really pregnant yet, however the pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last menstrual cycle, so even though pregnancies are said to be of 40 weeks long, you actually carry your baby for an average 38 weeks only.
- Keep record as when your period started and how long it lasted, this will help you track the length of your cycles and when you are more fertile and most likely to conceive.
- Start taking pre-natal vitamins which include folic acid supplements. The recommended dose in early pregnancy is 500 mcg/day, ideally this should be started couple of months before you plan to be pregnant. Low folic acid intake is linked with a higher incidence of neural tube defects in babies.
- Try to stay healthy and active and do some exercise each day and eat sensibly.
- Avoid taking medication unless it has been prescribed to you. Inform your doctor that you are planning to conceive while he prescribes any medicine to you. Some medications are harmful to the baby, especially in the early weeks of their development.
- Have a medical check-up to make sure you are in the best possible shape and prepared to conceive.
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...