Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is now growing quickly that in just last two weeks, the baby is about as wide as your palm, and its weight has doubled. Baby now weighs more than your placenta.
- Baby is now covered with a downy layer of lanugo, baby skin is still thin with skin stretched tautly over its little body, and blood vessels which are supplying baby with oxygenated blood are visible through its translucent skin.
- Brown fat, a special type of fat that plays important role in body heat generation and these will help baby maintain their body temperature when they are born, is being deposited. By end of pregnancy this will account for 2-6% of their total body weight.
- Lot of calcium is been added to the babies bones and the bones are continuously becoming denser and stronger. Mother should add lot of dairy and calcium rich food in their diet.
- If the baby is girl, her ovaries will contain all the eggs she will have in her lifetime which is around 3 million. For baby boy, testicles are still sitting high up in his abdomen. Tiny nipples are starting to become visible on baby's chest wall.
- Baby's primary or deciduous teeth have formed in their gums; baby can yawn, stretch and make facial grimaces, move and exercise but still sleeps a lot. Baby is now forming unique fingerprint.
- Baby can now listen sound and mother should now onwards stay away from loud and high pitch sound as the loud noises outside may actually cause the baby to startle.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 5.12 inches or 13 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 4.94 ounces or 140 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...