Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is now gaining roughly 250 grams per week mostly as fat and muscle tissue.
- Baby is spending lot of time kicking, swallowing, moving its little arms around, sucking, grimacing and frowning. It can even move its head from side to side and is opening and closing its eyes.
- Baby's skin is less translucent and more fat cells are settling under its skin and plumping out those skin folds. Lanugo begins to disappear. All five senses are developed, and REM (dream-cycle) sleep is beginning. Baby is having periods of rest and activity and may follow similar pattern each day.
- Baby's bones are getting harder and calcifying. Ensure to have daily calcium rich foods such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, almonds, and fish with edible bones. Green leafy vegetables are good source of calcium. Woman’s who cannot tolerate cow's milk can take soy milk products which are fortified with calcium.
- If your baby was born now, baby would have an excellent chances of surviving without life threatening complications. Babies who are born at younger gestation than this will most likely having difficulties sucking or nursing.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 16.69 inches or 42.4 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 3.75 pounds or 1702 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...