Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby's scalp hair pattern is developing. Heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day which will increase to about 300 quarts at term.
- If you could see your baby's face, you might be able to see her wince and grimace, because their facial muscles are developing and flexing. The skin is very thin and you can see the blood vessels clearly underneath. Baby may have developed habit of sucking his or her thumb.
- All of the tiny organs, nerves, and muscles are now functioning. The intestines have moved farther into the baby's body; liver begins to secrete bile, which will later aid in the digestion of fats; and pancreas begins to produce insulin, a hormone which turns sugar into energy.
- Three small bones in your baby's inner ear start forming this week, so it will be able to hear. Practice singing to it, saying hello and generally building an emotional connection which will last for life.
- Baby's legs are now longer than its arms and body is becoming longer, its little head isn't the biggest body part any more.
- Lots of arm and leg waving is going on with no much coordination, this movement cannot be felt yet however until next few weeks.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 3.98 inches or 10.1 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 2.47 ounces or 70 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...