Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- The eyes of baby are formed but lack pigmentation. Body proportions are similar to a newborn’s, though the fetus is still thin. The baby's fingernails are almost fully formed, and the lanugo darkens.
- For baby boy testicles begin to descend into the groin from the abdomen and for a baby girl the uterus and ovaries have developed.
- Baby is starting to form an important substance in its lungs, known as surfactant which will help its tiny alveoli to stay open when it is born.
- Baby's heart chambers and major blood vessels can now be seen on ultrasound, although they are still very small, they will continue to grow through the rest of pregnancy and at birth, the heart will be around the size of a walnut.
- Baby has developed its hearing and its ears are fully functioning, baby at this stage often reacts to loud and sudden sound such as dog barking, door slamming, car backfiring and often will make its jump inside your belly.
- Baby’s bones are hardening and baby now makes stronger and coordinated baby kicks instead of little flutters and can now move all its muscle.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 11.38 inches or 28.9 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 1.10 pound or 501 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...