Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby this week alone must have put about 500 grams weight. They now look very much like a newborn. Baby is practicing breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid. In vast majority of pregnancies, the fetus begins to move into head down delivery position.
- Baby has grown and now do not have much space to move its whole body around, but a sharp jab in the ribs or in pelvis can often be felt by the mother, in case you do not get a regular baby kicks, please speak to your midwife or doctor immediately.
- Lanugo, the soft downy hair which covered baby's skin is getting reabsorbed and will disappear soon. Vernix Caseosa, the white greasy coating on its skin too will be reabsorbed.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 19.13 inches or 48.6 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 6.30 pounds or 2859 grams towards the ends of this week.
- In final weeks of pregnancy, a regular health checkup of both mother and baby is necessary, and in some cases alternate day’s checkup may be required.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...