Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby continues to lay down more fat and gains weight with every passing day. The baby may be gaining as much as 1 ounce or about 28 grams every day. Although increase in its length has now been slowed down.
- The baby is now fully developed, and is adding connections between neurons in the brain which will continue well beyond its birth, is developing lungs and adding strength to its immune system.
- Baby's movements may slow down from now onwards and are quite restricted, simply because there isn't enough room to move around, but a sharp jab in the ribs or in pelvis can often be felt by the mother, in case you do not get a regular baby kicks, please speak to your midwife or doctor immediately.
- Baby is also conserving energy for the difficult process of birth.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 19.61 inches or 49.8 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 6.80 pounds or 3083 grams towards the ends of this week.
- In final weeks of pregnancy, a regular health checkup of both mother and baby is necessary, and in some cases alternate day’s checkup may be required.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...